Martindale Pharma Website Design
ABPI compliant web development for a speciality pharmaceuticals manufacturer
Martindale Pharma are market leaders in the manufacture and supply of speciality pharmaceuticals and services for healthcare professionals in the UK and worldwide. A recent acquisition, rebranding and a lack of functionality meant their web presence was no longer representative of the business.
Our brief was to redesign and build a website taking the new brand guidelines and translating them to the online environment. It needed to portray the business as dynamic and forward thinking with a clear focus on key sectors, transparency and e-commerce. The project also had 4-week delivery schedule.
The website had to:
- Show Martindale Pharma as a dynamic industry leader
- Make the five business sectors clearly accessible from the home page
- Be easy to navigate
- Include the core product range and price list
- Have online ordering
- Search engine optimised
- Be easy to update and maintain
- Comply with the ABPI code of practice in terms of promoting POMs
- Be mobile friendly (using responsive design)
The new, contemporary design has a strong focus on their continued international expansion and core business areas. The site is driven by a WordPress content management system with plenty of static content and a dynamic news area. It has a comprehensive careers section that allows internal staff to easily post jobs and for people to apply for them online including uploading their CV.
- Conduct research into who would be using the website and how
- Perform a competitor benchmarking exercise
- Map, wireframe and test new website structure
- Produce bespoke technical specifications
- Develop bespoke technical components
- Research and develop a content strategy
- Develop content
- Design conceptual representations
- Produce fully compliant CSS HTML 5 templates
- Compile new website in content management system
- Test, launch & maintain
Got a web development project you’d like to discuss?